Route & Parking
- Lot Next to Skully's Music-Diner (High Street) 2019/DhStt4OXto-13.jpg
- Lot Next to Convention Center (High Street) Plus, they have a new garage on Goodale!
- Streets behind Giant Eagle (Thurber Drive)
- Lot across the street from Zeno's (3rd Avenue) - have to stop into Zeno's for a drink and a voucher
- Hubbard Avenue School (Wilbur Avenue - 1 block North of Hubbard) 104 West Hubbard-PTO fundraiser.
- Any street that is NOT on the parade route and has permit parking BECAUSE IT'S A HOLIDAY AND PERMIT PARKING IS WAIVED on 7/4!)
- The Hub Parking Garage (near Union Food + Cafe')
- CoGo Bikes
- Ride your bike.
- COTA/CBus it.
- The CBus! It's free! (check for holiday schedule)
- There's several parking garages in Arena District. Stop in at Park Street Tavern or City Tavern in Italian Village (a parade contributor) for a refreshment on the way to up line-up
- Parking is allowed IN Goodale Park, but NOT on the grass - Don't be a Grasshole! If you plan on parking in the lots of Goodale Park, arrive very early before line-up closes off the entrance. There's also a parking lot on west side of park coming in off Dennison Ave.
- On Goodale Blvd (along the south side of the park) are TONS of parking spaces. - Meters are free on 7/4!
- Parking garage in South Campus Gateway - walk down or take COTA (remember - Holiday hours)
- Don't park anywhere, stick a sign on your car and drive IN the Doo Dah Parade!
DOO DAH PARADE 2021 – SPECIAL EVENT 6-1-4th of July - STREET CLOSURES
STREET CLOSED | July 4 | from 6am - 8:00 p.m. Street Party on Park Street between Buttles Avenue W. Lincoln St. PARADE ROUTE | July 4| from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. ROLLING STREET CLOSURE | See Parade Route above. Parade Line-up on Park Street between Buttles Avenue and Goodale Street Noon-2pm
NO PARKING (METERED & NON-METERED AREA) NO PARKING ON PARADE ROUTE | July 4 from 12 Noon to 3:00 p.m. Meters and non-metered areas during this time.
NOTE: City has gotten serious about ticketing & towing violators to Special Event Permits – this is out of our hands.
RUSSELL STREET: (goes from 1-way to 2-way!)Between High and Park Streets (July 4th)· Parking Garage to remain open at all times.· Until About 1 p.m. traffic going to the parking garage will exit/enter only to High St. No thru traffic to Park St.· 2 p.m. - Police will determine when line-up area is clear, garage traffic will exit/enter South on Park St.· Once parade is complete. Russell reverts back to its original one-way traffic.
PARKING METERS – TO BE “BAGGED”:July 3rd from 6:00 p.m. through July 4th at 8:00 p.m.· Park Street (west curb only) from Buttles to Goodale.
July 3rd from 6:00 p.m. – July 4th - 3:00 p.m.· High Street from 2nd Avenue to Russell – East and West side of street.· 2nd Avenue from High Street to first alley – North and South side of street.· Russell Street - Between High St and Park St.
Of course, if the City worker has a work emergency or traffic issue, times of bagging and unbagging could alter without public notification.
We are all doing our very best to make this an enjoyable event for all, with the least amount of inconvenience for anyone.
Clean-up crews will make their rounds along the parade route (even before the parade starts and will continue until we are done.
If you are hosting a party at your house; please be sure to have your own trash receptacles. We cannot provide you with one, and volunteers won’t go on private properties for clean-up.
FREE T-SHIRTS & WHISTLES!!
Have a front row seats to the Doo Dah Parade by becoming a Volunteer for Doo Dah as InSECURITY!! Help with clean-up / parade monitoring / crowd control. It’s easy & fun! Register to volunteer for your street corner at www.DooDahParade.com or email@example.com. Let us know you live there, and you might be able to get your supplies in advance.